• Welcome to KawaseFan.net Forum.

Are there any scans of the various Umihara Kawase art books floating around?

Started by Umihara Kawase, July 01, 2017, 07:14:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Umihara Kawase

Hello. I've been dying to find scans of the various Umihara Kawase art books for ages, but there's still very little that I can find, outside of nathan's scans from the auctions thread. Has anyone happened to come across or perhaps make their own scans of the rest of the UK art books?

Thanks!
1upsuper

nathan

Quote from: Umihara Kawase on July 01, 2017, 07:14:47 AM
outside of nathan's scans from the auctions thread.
You're really using the word "scans" loosely there :P
Anyway, Japanese people seem to care more about copyright infringement than we do (apparently they'll actually send you to prison if you download pirated content, as opposed to the content creators hiring some company to send letters asking for a fine that you just ignore). You could try looking on Perfect Dark or something, but I don't know if it would be on there either.
I was looking into getting my art book properly scanned, but most options seem to involve cutting the binding off the book, which I'm not willing to do.

Umihara Kawase

I've heard that as well, though given that the art books are doujinshi I thought that might change things. But I don't know. Your pictures were good enough for me. I just want to see what's in the books.
1upsuper

Alc

Quote from: nathan on July 01, 2017, 03:01:13 PMI was looking into getting my art book properly scanned, but most options seem to involve cutting the binding off the book, which I'm not willing to do.
I have a spare copy of one of the guide books (either Shun or UK SFC), so I could sacrifice one, and I have a professional scanner now... question is, where are all my guide books... I have way too many books.

I'd rip open both if someone would commit to a scanlation.

nathan

Just got around to taking pics of my Shun artbook. This one has more assets used in-game (since they were all hand-drawn) and also storyboards for the various cutscenes (and a commercial for the game), but there is still some original art.

https://imgur.com/a/Ouxk5

habanero

Quote from: nathan on September 22, 2017, 02:10:27 PM
Just got around to taking pics of my Shun artbook. This one has more assets used in-game (since they were all hand-drawn) and also storyboards for the various cutscenes (and a commercial for the game), but there is still some original art.

https://imgur.com/a/Ouxk5
I've ordered this for proper scanning. I'll post here when it's up.