Author Topic: Umihara Kawase Fresh! is coming to Arcade  (Read 306 times)

Offline sol-alpha

Umihara Kawase Fresh! is coming to Arcade
« on: February 03, 2020, 11:48:10 AM »
Link: https://twitter.com/st_saizensen/status/1224287148276244481?s=19

Umihara Kawase Fresh! is coming to Arcade.

There will be a playable demo at JAEPO 2020 on February 7-8.

Offline Whendaleksattack

• No power in this universe can stop... The Daleks.
Re: Umihara Kawase Fresh! is coming to Arcade
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2020, 01:56:49 PM »
Huh, that’s something that I personally never expected, and even slightly confused on how it’ll work in the arcades (again, I’ve yet to play Fresh). I’ll keep an eye on it if I can later on, looks like it might be something interesting.

Offline Alc

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2020, 05:47:24 PM »
Is this part of an arcade digital distribution platform or something? I'm struggling to imagine how an obscure, poorly-received single-player platform game could make any inroads as an arcade cab. Japan's arcade scene is a world to itself, though, I suppose.

Offline Whendaleksattack

• No power in this universe can stop... The Daleks.
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2020, 11:56:26 PM »
Don’t know if it’s a digital distribution thingy or something, as my knowledge on arcade machines (especially Japanese ones) isn’t the greatest. Studio Saizensen’s latest stream shows off a couple of photos of the JAEPO demo, here’s a screenshot that got me curious though:

Yeah, I don’t think Fresh really needs 8 buttons to function. They probably just used the button layout as a placeholder for the actual button layout though, so I might be wrong. Just thought I’d bring this up.

Again, still relatively confused as to why Fresh is coming to the arcades virtually unchanged, instead of either BazooKa or even Blade Strangers (which I could be wrong on the latter as they did mention “Stranger Blades” on the stream, so I cant confirm though as I sadly don’t know Japanese), which is a decent missed opportunity imo. That might change in the future still, so I’ll have to see.

Offline Princess Rescuer

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2020, 09:36:15 PM »
I don't know if putting this in an arcade is a good idea. I would have put any other game (even Bazooka) in the arcade.

Offline KawaseFan

• KawaseFan.net
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2020, 11:52:41 AM »
Yeah, it seems a bit bizarre to me that they'd release an arcade version of Fresh.  I actually think something like the original Umihara Kawase or Shun wouldn't be bad in an arcade setting, and you could even have time attack rankings built in.

Hopefully it works out well, though; I'll have to keep an eye out for any impressions, since I'm pretty sure I won't be importing this one...