• Welcome to KawaseFan.net Forum.

How to control precisely while attemping to swing up from below?

Started by Glenn Gould, September 05, 2016, 02:57:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glenn Gould

Hello,I think I'm really bad at this game so I've got another question...As is shown in the picture(Stage 35),when I try swinging up from below this small brick which have spikes on it,I'm not sure how to control precisely.Sometimes I just end up landing on the spikes...and I find swinging directly onto the ladder above very difficult.Any tips for this?Thanks very much! :)

Glenn Gould

Guess what?I just somehow did it...After more than 300 misses..Check the replay here:https://youtu.be/isPlCesIN0o
😘

Tooro

Great!  I, too, think grabbing the ladder directly is difficult.

Tooro

One advice I can say (but seems too late) is that it is important to roll up the rope around the brick and hold it by your head (as shown in the picture).  This gains some extra time for giving extra tension to the rope.  (Similar techniques can be used everywhere in this game when you want to jump up higher.)

Glenn Gould

Thanks.Actually I'd been making a big mistake over and over by adding down direction from the lowest position...should add from the position in your picture. :)

KawaseFan

Quote from: Glenn Gould on September 06, 2016, 03:39:58 PM
Guess what?I just somehow did it...After more than 300 misses..Check the replay here:https://youtu.be/isPlCesIN0o
😘
Nice!  And now, you never have to get that backpack again!

Glenn Gould

Thanks very much KawaseFan.I'm really happy that I got the platinum trophy a few days ago,but I can't say that I understand the"swinging from below"mechanics a lot.For example,in stage 22,to get the backpack you must hook to the left platfrom from the beginning and swing onto the platform from below.Do you accomplish that by remembering the exact operation(like,when to press the particular button and just press them in order)or can adjust operation according to various circumstances?I feel this is exactly the most difficult part in this game.Sometimes my rope is too short and my head hit the ice,while sometimes it's too long and I bounce back to where I was standing.Any tips?Thanks a lot. ;D

Glenn Gould

Same situation in stage 54,where one can skip the first long swing by swinging directly onto the middle icey platform from below(see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aPHAsvzRn0).  How did they do that? :oToo difficult for me :'(

KawaseFan

I used to have a lot of trouble with things like the stage 22 swing, but now, I've done it enough to just know what I have to do.  I have to admit I hadn't tried that swing in stage 54 before, and just had a few quick tries without any success.

If I had one thing to say...  Referring to that stage 54 video, around 0:11 where the player loosens the rope towards the end of the swing to the right, then tightens the rope after starting to swing to the left.  That's the key part, I think, that needs to be practiced until you get a feel for how much you need to loosen or tighten the rope at those points, and when exactly you need to loosen or tighten.  I'd recommend practicing this on stage 22, though, not 54.  I hope that helps.

Glenn Gould

Very helpful,thanks.Quite rough indeed...definitely not mastering that any time soon.But I feel relieved to learn that it's hard after all,and what's more important,you have to practice each situation seperately...

Princess Rescuer

Here's a tip: On Field 49, hold Up while jumping to climb onto the ledge, and you won't even need the hook!