• Welcome to KawaseFan.net Forum.

Trophy Guide?

Started by gendo7, May 14, 2015, 06:25:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gendo7

Does anybody know if there's a guide out there for trophies? I'm not certain about how to get a few of them. I'd love to Platinum it someday, if I can somehow conquer Field 54.  :-\

Alc

Most of the gallery unlocks come through playing the game modes and characters - complete a survival route with a character and you'll their character profilein the Illustrations bit, for instance. I've got a handful of illustrations still locked down despite having everything else so I'm guessing those unlock on the harder survival routes? Other than the first tadpole (edit: and the first crab) the survival routes look pretty mean, especially given the low number of starting lives.

If you have any particular queries, ask away - someone around here probably knows.

Here's the list:

Until We Meet Again - Earn all trophies for Sayonara UmiharaKawase +

Gone Fishin' - Clear Sayonara UmiharaKawase +

Almost There! - Unlock all Stages.

Who Needs Doors? - Clear all doors.

Golden Oldie - Play the original Umihara Kawase.

Old School Umihara - Watch the ending of the original Umihara Kawase

The Whole Gang - Use all characters.

Outdoorsy Type - Acquire a backpack.

Backpacker - Acquire 10 backpacks.

Superpacker - Acquire 10* backpacks. (Typo on trophy, should be 30)

Perfectpacker - Acquire 45 backpacks.

Froggy Fun - Clear Tadpole **Hidden Trophy**

Crabsolutely - Clear Crab **Hidden Trophy**

Prickly Customer - Clear Porcupine Fish **Hidden Trophy**

Froggy Fever - Clear Tadpole 2 **Hidden Trophy**

Crabulous - Clear Crab 2 **Hidden Trophy**

Rise to the Challenge - Play Survival Challenge.

Made It! - Clear Survival Challenge.

I'm a Survivor! - Clear all routes on Survival Challenge.

Art Enthusiast - Browse the Illustration Gallery.

Art Collector - View everything in the Illustration Gallery.

Music Enthusiast - Browse the Sound Gallery.

My Ears Are Happy! - Play everything in the Sound Gallery.

Helping Hand - Check all Walkthrough Tips in the Gallery.

Study Fiend - Watch the Stage Tutorial of a Stage you've cleared. **Hidden Trophy**

Ready for Anything - Watch all stage tutorials. **Hidden Trophy**

Self-Appreciation - Play your own Replay 10 times. **Hidden Trophy**

You're Mine! Catch a Tadpole. **Hidden Trophy**

Back Entrance - Clear the second door in a Stage. **Hidden Trophy**

Heavy Load - Fail a Stage while holding a backpack. **Hidden Trophy**

Extra Storage - Acquire two backpacks at the same time. **Hidden Trophy**

Keep At It! - Fail a Stage 20 times. **Hidden Trophy**

It All Builds Character - Fail a Stage 50 times. **Hidden Trophy**

Taken from http://invertedaccess.com/2015/05/04/sayonara-umiharakawase-english-trophy-list/

I've altered the walkthrough/replay trophies above to be listed as hidden, despite what that site says (I didn't have them unlocked and had to check what they were), there are probably several more that start out hidden that I can't now check. If anyone knows any others I'll edit this post.

tylerh1701

Thanks for linking to my list. I made it halfway through the game so the hidden ones that were already unlocked no longer showed as hidden on my Vita.

All the hidden ones are:

The 5 Boss ones (tadpole/crab/porcupine fish/tadpole 2/crab 2)
Everything after Helping Hand (Helping Hand isn't actually hidden though)

Alc

Thanks for compiling it, I'll edit my post above.

How did you discover the hidden ones if not by unlocking them?

tylerh1701

Quote from: Alc on May 14, 2015, 04:14:35 PM
Thanks for compiling it, I'll edit my post above.

How did you discover the hidden ones if not by unlocking them?

PSN Profiles trophy list has them all shown (even the hidden ones) but in Japanese.

http://psnprofiles.com/trophies/3516-%E3%81%95%E3%82%88%E3%81%AA%E3%82%89%E6%B5%B7%E8%85%B9%E5%B7%9D%E8%83%8C%E3%81%A1%E3%82%89%E3%82%8A?secret=show#content

They're (mercifully) in the exact same order as the English list on the Vita, so I could see on my Vita list which ones were hidden. Then I went to PSN Profiles and copied the Japanese text and translated it using Google. The English translations were usually enough for me to understand the trophy requirement and (if I was able to) unlock the trophy.

The toughest one was "Study Fiend" because the Japanese text was translated into "View " role models play" of the cleared field" which I eventually figured out meant watch a replay of a level I've already beaten.

Alc

Nicely done.

It also answers the question I had about illustration unlocks - the percentage of people with "all routes cleared on survivor" and "all illustrations viewed" and "unlocked all trophies" are all exactly the same (3.83%), so that's pretty unambiguous.

Tooro

Quote from: tylerh1701 on May 14, 2015, 04:21:29 PM
The toughest one was "Study Fiend" because the Japanese text was translated into "View " role models play" of the cleared field" which I eventually figured out meant watch a replay of a level I've already beaten.
Google should have translated "お手本" into "textbook" or "demonstration by a teacher", which I think is more closer to "tutorial".

It is interesting to see how Japanese trophy names are translated into English.  Some of them are not verbatim.  For example, boss tropies are name of (fictitious) Japanese foods that have no English counterparts.

Alc

Just in case anyone else was wondering, to unlock the last entries in the illustration gallery (required for "Art Collector") you need to complete a survival run with each character.