• Welcome to KawaseFan.net Forum.

What platform do you play Umihara Kawase on?

Started by Alc, January 27, 2018, 09:30:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alc

I know you lot take the game pretty seriously, so how do you play it? If not the old hardware, an emulator or Steam? (and what pad?) The DS version, maybe?

Super Famicom, original controller, original cart (or flash cart for Uku), with a PVM CRT, here. Full-on old school.

KawaseFan

Over the past couple of years I've mostly played the PC version, with a PS3 controller.  It's just more convenient for me to play it on a machine I'm already using.

Princess Rescuer

My main versions are Super Famicom (which the High Score is recorded on) and Vita TV. Vita TV is the best version, and Super Famicom is the original that allows me to record and has no input lag. Not to mention, if you have a Super Nintendo, you can play on the reproduction cartridge and it's the exact same experience as the Super Famicom, plus I would say High Scores achieved on it are legit.

Alc

Quote from: Princess Rescuer on February 02, 2018, 03:36:34 PMif you have a Super Nintendo, you can play on the reproduction cartridge and it's the exact same experience as the Super Famicom, plus I would say High Scores achieved on it are legit.
Oh, for sure.

I'm curious though, why are you down on the Steam port vs. the Vita port? I'd guess that both have similar amounts of lag, unless your PC has some kind of problem.