• Welcome to KawaseFan.net Forum.

Reasons to get the Vita version

Started by Princess Rescuer, June 29, 2016, 11:11:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Princess Rescuer

1. It plays on modern HD TVs. Looks great too! Even though the game is old, the pixelation is fantastic!

2. Training mode. Great for new players. Brings lots of underplayed/dead fields back to life. Getting to play Field 28 without waiting 30 minutes at a time is a godsend. Field 57 without waiting 30 minutes or through the crab, 43 without having to get the upper exit on 42, accessing a quarter of the game without having to wait through Field 8, I could go on.

3. Turning the music off. Nothing against the soundtrack, it's fantastic. But turning the music off and just hearing the hooks, splashes, and enemies while putting other music on in the background or just having peaceful silence is amazing. Also nice to not have to hear the songs start over, then stop, then start over constantly when you're practicing one level.

4. In the Super Famicom version, there's a noticeable 2-second loading time of pitch-blackness between fields. The Vita version eliminates this.

5. Skipping credits without having to reset.

6. Actually saving your progress.

7. More common and affordable than the SFC version by far. Also playable on an affordable modern console.

8. Comes with another game as bonus content (hehe!)

The Vita version seems to be the one they intended to make in the first place. It's definitely the definitive version.

Princess Rescuer

Come to think of it, new entries in the series in general feel more like the game the developers wanted to make but didn't have the technology or resources for.

KawaseFan

I'd put the PC version just ahead due to the online rankings and replay sharing through Steam Workshop, but the Vita version is still an excellent choice!

Princess Rescuer

Well, the reason why I like the Vita version better is because it's on a console. I prefer consoles because you get to play them on a big TV instead of just a small computer screen A Vita TV is also very easy to pack for a vacation and take to someone else's house, while a PC is not. Consoles and handhelds are just more mobile and fun. Also, the PC versions are digital-only, as opposed to the more permanent and preservable console version.