• Welcome to KawaseFan.net Forum.

Umihara Kawase PC version coming November 2nd

Started by KawaseFan, October 28, 2015, 08:15:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KawaseFan

Alc

A little more expensive than I'd anticipated, but hell, it's a day one purchase for sure.

Wonder how they'll cope with the non-square pixels that the SFC had?

KawaseFan

I wasn't sure whether to expect this, but the rankings do include your times for each ending!  You can check the rankings in practice mode.  The field 1 rankings aren't working for me, though...

gori.sh

chirari/plus TimeAttack Board http://gori.sh/chirari/

KawaseFan

Things I've noticed so far, writing it here now for the benefit of anyone considering the PC version and so I can put it into the game's info page later tonight:

The PC version is based on the Vita version from Sayonara+, with the practice mode having previously been added on Vita.  As mentioned in the above posts, practice mode is how you access the rankings.  As with the Vita version, practice mode keeps a record of your best times for each door, but with the rankings being new, it now also records your ending times, and it also keeps a record of the fields where you have collected a backpack.  Thanks gori.sh for confirming it's not just me having trouble with the field 1 rankings, hopefully they work that one out soon. EDIT: Field 1 rankings have been fixed.

Much like the Japanese Kanzenban rankings, siosatou is destroying everyone!

There's a nice addition to practice mode that wasn't in the Vita version: at the pause screen, you can hold down a button for a second to retry (on my controller it's the Y button; my controller has the Xbox button layout).  The retry option is also available on the select menu.

There is a new 'Menu' option on the main menu which has sub-menu options like replays and settings that were on the main menu in previous versions.  It also includes a 'Records' option which tells you the total number of fields, doors and endings you've reached, the number of backpacks you've found, the number of types of enemies you've defeated, and your total time played.

The replay menu has new options for watching your subscribed replays from the Workshop, as well as uploading your own replays.  I've uploaded a few so far, but it seems the actual Workshop page isn't working at the moment, so hopefully that gets fixed soon too.

The settings menu has not only your sound settings but other settings as well (some of these were also on the Vita version): options for fullscreen, width, size and filter.  For filter you can choose soft, normal or hard, personally I prefer hard.  It also has options for your shot/jump button combination, language (English or Japanese) as well as your confirm button.

texh

I gotta wonder what everyone is using as their controller of choice for these Umihara ports. Keyboard obviously doesn't cut it and the only other option I have is Dualshock 4 which feels a bit too stiff, mostly because the D-pad is one piece that doesn't have that reassuring click that I really like on 3DS XL.

KawaseFan

I'd be interested to know what other people are using too.  I'm using a Logitech F710 at the moment and I'm managing but I couldn't really recommend its d-pad.

badlose

PS3 controller here. Works good enough for me I guess.

Alc

I was using a PSX-USB adapter and a variety of PS2 pads in various states of disrepair, which was pretty frustrating (and made me realise just how solid and reliable the design on first-party SNES pads was). I've since found out that Dualshock 4 pads work natively in Windows via micro USB so I've been using one of those, and I'd have to say the d-pad is close to perfect for my tastes.