• Welcome to KawaseFan.net Forum.

News:

Forum user registration is currently disabled.

Main Menu

Series music thread

Started by KawaseFan, July 27, 2015, 11:08:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KawaseFan

I just noticed we don't have a thread about the music of the series.  We should have one!

Which game, in your opinion, has the best music?  Do you have one favourite track from the series?  Personally, I'm not sure I could say I have a single favourite track, but between the games, my order of preference would be SFC > Shun > Sayonara.  The music of the whole series does have a happy feel to it, but the SFC soundtrack in particular just sounds the happiest to me.

Alc

It all sounds like bad lounge/elevator music to me - saccharine and bland. I love it, but I think only because it's attached to really fond memories of the games.

I'd go with SFC>PSX>Sayonara, anyway.

texh

I'd go with Shun as the best just based on Tamagawa alone but the inclusion of cheesy japanese pop songs cements its position even more. After that it's SFC and Sayonara for me.

Actually I've been looking for some other stuff by Atsuhiro Motoyama a while ago and came across these little gems. Originally planned to make a thread for them but oh well. Good thing this one appeared.

Very Shun-esque/"lounge" track from Battle Barkraid.

This sounds like something straight from Sayonara, comes from Kururin Squash.

And another cool track from Kururin.

badlose

My current favorite track in the series is the beach theme from Shun. I like all the changes and little stuff going on in the background.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_RSKgs-dN8&index=16&list=PLdNS0NBYWchW-wQFeOCu_q4iuYSr9EoUB

KawaseFan

Quote from: texh on August 06, 2015, 02:51:58 PM
I'd go with Shun as the best just based on Tamagawa alone but the inclusion of cheesy japanese pop songs cements its position even more. After that it's SFC and Sayonara for me.

Actually I've been looking for some other stuff by Atsuhiro Motoyama a while ago and came across these little gems. Originally planned to make a thread for them but oh well. Good thing this one appeared.

Very Shun-esque/"lounge" track from Battle Barkraid.

This sounds like something straight from Sayonara, comes from Kururin Squash.

And another cool track from Kururin.

Oh yeah, you can definitely tell the similarities with those first two.

On a side note - I only ever played the first Kururin, but that was pretty cool.  I should play the others some day.

Princess Rescuer

Surprisingly, too many to count. Hatoba from the Original is my favorite. It has the quality of a nearing the end victory lap for me. Wish it wasn't the song that plays in the least fields. Sky Blue w/lyrics from Shun is a good "you win" song, and Pout from Sayonara is a grand-sounding song that deserved more than one field.