• Welcome to KawaseFan.net Forum.

About the story

Started by imgibbon, February 21, 2021, 08:52:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imgibbon

So I was talking with a friend about this, but, like, I can't possibly be the only one who thought Sylvie and Gin were gonna end up being Kawase's folks, right?

- Sayonara establishes she doesn't have much memories of her childhoold at all.
- She used to have recurring dreams of this town that she drew a map of and then winds up in that town that she thought she'd made up.
- has hazy dreams/memories of Gin from when she was a kid and then finds out that he's Sylvie's missing husband.
- has nightmares seeming to indicate she's been here in Kingness before.
- one of the cat villagers is Shakemaru, the same name as the family cat of her childhood friend Emiko, and we know from Kotaro's whole... situation that some of them used to be ordinary housecats.
- the traumatic event she has fragmented memories of is of her sister 'dying', and it's what caused her to leave home and start wandering.
- and more stuff, this is just what came to mind off the top of my head.

Like... to me it all seemed eerily close to the old blogpost backstory about how Kawase had a missing father, deceased sister, and ended up accidentally working at her mother's restaurant before continuing her travels. Given that that backstory never actually made it into any of the classic games but  was alluded to in Sayonara and Blade Strangers, I thought for sure this was going to be, like, the "official" version of those events, finally put into the series canon.

And then they... didn't? But maybe they did? The phone call at the end is a little confusing about who she's talking to, along with the series' usual "some of this is representative of what's going on in Kawase's head" stuff making it a bit muddy as to what's real and what's not.

But, yeah, it's not just me, right?