• Welcome to KawaseFan.net Forum.

Recording the Switch installment

Started by Princess Rescuer, May 18, 2018, 02:40:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Princess Rescuer

The new Umihara Kawase game will be on the Switch, and I am planning on routing All Unlocks for it. However, I am wondering how well the Japan-centric fanbase will be able to record it. Can they afford/store HDTVs and HDMI recording devices? I wonder. I wouldn't want the early WR holders to be based on whoever can afford a Switch and HD recording equipment the fastest. How is that situation for people in Japan?

nathan

send your thoughts and prayers to those poor japanese people who can't afford hdtvs and don't have the ability to point a camera at the screen and press "record"
🙏🙏🙏😢😢😢

Canvas

It might have like an online demo system similar to Devil Daggers, that would be cool

Princess Rescuer

If they "pointed a camera at a TV and pressed record", you'd get a dodgy blurry camcorder video with noises in the background with low watchability and questionable legitimacy. We have a higher standard compared to 10 years ago. Even many early speedruns on the NES were recognizably recorded on grainy VCRs.

And besides, it'll probably be until the remake on the Sony SwitchStation and PC that the game will become good and easier to record, plus people will have gotten good enough at. So I'm just expecting some good lag time no matter what.

Alc

Quote from: Princess Rescuer on May 18, 2018, 02:40:53 AMI am wondering how well the Japan-centric fanbase will be able to record it. Can they afford/store HDTVs and HDMI recording devices?
Yes - the Japanese spend as much on consumer electronics as any other first-world country. The bigger question is whether you'll see the results, since they do pretty much live on their own little corner of the web.

Speaking of which, anyone know if anything more surfaced over there about the switch game, other than that teaser from autumn last year?

gori.sh

HDMI is a standard enacted by Japanese companies.

https://www.hdmi.org/about/index.aspx
(japan) Comprised of Hitachi Maxell, Ltd.
(nederland) Koninklijke Philips Electronics N.V.,
(usa) Lattice Semiconductor Corporation,
(japan) Panasonic Corporation,
(japan) Sony Corporation,
(france) Technicolor S.A. (formerly known as Thomson)
(japan) Toshiba Corporation,
chirari/plus TimeAttack Board http://gori.sh/chirari/

Princess Rescuer

I found a good way to record the Switch installment off the TV. Point a phone at the Switch while it's on a kickstand. I will use this method to great effect once the game comes out. As long as you can do it well, it's legit.