• Welcome to KawaseFan.net Forum.

Umihara Kawase Shun all doors walkthrough video

Started by Masada, March 14, 2020, 06:22:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Masada

Hello there kawase fans. This is my first time ever starting a new topic in this forum and I haven't even commented in any other post at all, so I hope I'm doing this correctly!
Recently I was looking for some walkthrough videos of field 42 of Umihara Kawase Shun (seriously, f*ck that field) and I found this fairly recent video that has a walkthrough of all levels and doors from the game. It has been quite useful to me so far, so I just wanted to share this with you all in case you didn't find it.

Anyway, that's all I wanted to say.. Good day to you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZEYeAKC70I

Alc

Just scanning through now, looks good - a lot of Umihara Kawase videos are superplays, which often aren't much use to the up-and-comer, these seem pretty reasonable. Wonder if they're aware of this site?

Just watching Shun F42 now. I remember that I bounced off the later "challenge" levels in SE and declared them impossible when first was getting into the series, then went back many years later, after Sayonara, and found that even F42 fell pretty quickly. Wouldn't fancy my chances these days, not without a good de-rusting. You'll get there, is my point, anyway. To that end, don't obsess too much over one level, and don't forget to play around as much as possible - it's very easy to get locked into rapid, repetitive ways of playing levels you're familiar with, which is great when you're really trying to crunch times down, but earlier on you'll benefit more from experiencing as many different approaches as possible.

Well, I didn't mean to lecture you (and on your first post, too). Welcome!

Masada

Quote from: Alc on March 16, 2020, 11:18:01 PM
a lot of Umihara Kawase videos are superplays, which often aren't much use to the up-and-comer, these seem pretty reasonable.

Exactly. That's the main reason why I wanted to share this video: It is not a speedrun, it is not trying to beat a level in the most optimal way, it's not a challenge... It's just a person with (in my opinion) an average skill level showing how they casually beat every level. That's something that caught my attention from the first time, how casual it is. The levels are beat in a kinda sloppy way, as if they just uploaded the first time they beat a level after failing a few times, not worrying about beating it a bunch of times in order to choose the best outcome. That's something I appreciate since my skill level is still kinda below average.

KawaseFan