• Welcome to KawaseFan.net Forum.

News:

Forum user registration is currently disabled.

Main Menu

I have found Kawase Osakan sibling!

Started by KawasexAsuka, October 07, 2019, 03:54:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KawasexAsuka

I mean look at them side by side they are very similar for the following reasons such as Curtains Match the Window Brown Eyes and Hair. Both are close in Age 20 for Kawase and 17 for Asuka Kazama. Both are very pretty Tomboy Waifus. Both are fighters in the respective games (Blade Strangers for Kawase and Tekken for Asuka Kazama case.) Both have big breast along with a pretty face. And both have Bikini outfit versions: and But one key differences is that Asuka Kazama has a heavy Osakan accent Kansai dialect, while Kawase uses standard Kanto Japanese in Blade Strangers. Could have Toshinobu Kondo got the idea for later Kawase appearances from Asuka Kazama because it sure looks like it?

CyanideBlizzard

That's certainly quite the theory you have there, with some rather interesting information that definitely gives a reason to believe.  As a Tekken fan, I'm delighted to see the comparison!

I'll try to break a few things down based upon what I've learned over the years.  From the character style perspective, Toshinobu Kondo's art style has constantly changed.  As a result Umihara Kawase has never stuck with an exact art style.  This becomes really apparent by how both versions of Shun have different styles of Kawase on the cover.  The only real change to Umi across the games has been an increase being done to her bust.  Making it either far greater, or more noticeable. 

While the tomboy stuff is quite interesting, Kawase, to be frank, doesn't have a personality or really any character traits.  The only thing we've known about her is that she's a wandering chef, with the only character elements being added into Fresh and Blade Strangers.  From there, it would be anyones guess if any of the character traits featured in either of those games are just side story elements, or actual character traits.  KawaseFan could most likely speak on that far more accurately than I could, as I might very easily be missing something that may of been mentioned.

In terms of the bikini itself, I'd venture to guess that has something more so to do with a way of offering fan service for marketable audience appeal.  Umihara Kawase games have made a larger focus in recent iterations on Umi's appeal.  Like how her midriff is exposed in Fresh.

Interesting comparisons all the same!

KawasexAsuka

Quote from: CyanideBlizzard on October 10, 2019, 03:35:55 AM
That's certainly quite the theory you have there, with some rather interesting information that definitely gives a reason to believe.  As a Tekken fan, I'm delighted to see the comparison!

I'll try to break a few things down based upon what I've learned over the years.  From the character style perspective, Toshinobu Kondo's art style has constantly changed.  As a result Umihara Kawase has never stuck with an exact art style.  This becomes really apparent by how both versions of Shun have different styles of Kawase on the cover.  The only real change to Umi across the games has been an increase being done to her bust.  Making it either far greater, or more noticeable. 

While the tomboy stuff is quite interesting, Kawase, to be frank, doesn't have a personality or really any character traits.  The only thing we've known about her is that she's a wandering chef, with the only character elements being added into Fresh and Blade Strangers.  From there, it would be anyones guess if any of the character traits featured in either of those games are just side story elements, or actual character traits.  KawaseFan could most likely speak on that far more accurately than I could, as I might very easily be missing something that may of been mentioned.

In terms of the bikini itself, I'd venture to guess that has something more so to do with a way of offering fan service for marketable audience appeal.  Umihara Kawase games have made a larger focus in recent iterations on Umi's appeal.  Like how her midriff is exposed in Fresh.

Interesting comparisons all the same!

Anyways, from what you wrote, yes I did notice that Kawase got Hotter and Sexier in later games in the series. Especially now in Fresh with the midriff part, and speaking of midriff part, I noticed that Asuka Kazama also has a midriff as well.

But what weird is Kawase is legal age of consent at 19-20 range yet Asuka is supposedly under age 17 range yet they both don't look much younger or older and some may think both have pedo vibs even though one of them (Kawase is legal in all titles while Asuka is not), it weird that Japan has a big love for over sexulizing under age girls that have unrealistic body types go figure with Japan age of consent being 13!

nathan

Quote from: CyanideBlizzard on October 10, 2019, 03:35:55 AMThe only thing we've known about her is that she's a wandering chef, with the only character elements being added into Fresh and Blade Strangers.
She can also swallow pills without water

KawaseFan

Quote from: nathan on February 28, 2020, 02:17:18 AM
Quote from: CyanideBlizzard on October 10, 2019, 03:35:55 AMThe only thing we've known about her is that she's a wandering chef, with the only character elements being added into Fresh and Blade Strangers.

Also not a huge fan of poisonous mushrooms.  Presumably because of, y'know, all the poison.

And a couple other things from her Sayonara profile:

KawasexAsuka

I know that from TV Tropes

Quote from: KawaseFan on February 28, 2020, 05:44:22 AM

Also not a huge fan of poisonous mushrooms.  Presumably because of, y'know, all the poison.

And a couple other things from her Sayonara profile:

I also do not like poisonous mushrooms and good points from the profile.