• Welcome to KawaseFan.net Forum.

News:

Forum user registration is currently disabled.

Main Menu

Kanzenban differences

Started by badlose, October 12, 2014, 01:53:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

badlose

Do you guys know all the differences between the Kanzenban versions of SFC Umihara & Shun compared to the originals?

Are they perfect ports? Playing so much Sayonara, I must have forgetten how elastic the line is in the SFC game!

Umihara Kawase

This is a good question. Despite owning Kanzenban and the original versions, I still have yet to pinpoint all the differences. They're perfect ports in terms of engine feel and everything. Kanzenban includes a sound gallery and image gallery with unlockable images, as well as some bottom screen support through displaying some of these images and, IIRC, also displaying a map during gameplay. This might just be with Shun though, I can't recall at the moment. The thing that gets me is that information on the game online always says Kanzenban has a new field/s, but even after scouring some Japanese sites I can't quite figure out what they are, or if they even exist. I've checked maps, reviews, etc. and none of them are specific. I don't think I found any new stages through my playing of it, either. I'd really appreciate some elucidation on this as well.
1upsuper

Nicole

There were a few fields added from Shun to Shun ~second edition~, so that might be what they were talking about? That's the first thing that comes to mind, anyway.

texh

They are perfect ports, Shun just gets slightly expanded DS version with new levels and some adjustments to the first few levels so they're a bit easier. Also not-so-interesting tidbit, there's now censored PSX in the results screen.

nathan

One interesting thing I found is that they actually kept the parts where the tile map doesn't match up with the level geometry, for example here (notice how the hook is going through the platform):

Alc

Quote from: nathan on July 02, 2017, 01:41:34 AMOne interesting thing I found is that they actually kept the parts where the tile map doesn't match up with the level geometry, for example here (notice how the hook is going through the platform):
I imagine they just aren't aware. And compared to UK:PSP, perhaps we should count our blessings that they didn't decide to "reinvent the wheel"...