• Welcome to KawaseFan.net Forum.

News:

Forum user registration is currently disabled.

Main Menu

Game reviews

Started by badlose, October 09, 2014, 12:40:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

badlose

Here's a fun one for Sayonara Umihara Kawase:
http://www.nintendofeed.com/2014/06/review-sayonara-umihara-kawase-3ds-eshop.html

RIP jimmies.
biased TL;DR: Where's my story? I don't know what is going on. I'm bad at it so it's a bad game.

KawaseFan

Quote from: badlose on October 09, 2014, 12:40:43 AM
biased TL;DR: Where's my story? I don't know what is going on. I'm bad at it so it's a bad game.
Summed it up perfectly.

When did challenge, skill, and not bothering with story and getting straight to the actual game, become bad things?

Alc

There have been a few reviews of the new Vita port, this one "gets it":
http://www.technologytell.com/gaming/146713/sayonara-umihara-kawase-why-do-the-fish-have-human-feet/
The camera angles in the photos are interesting, though - are they promotional shots?

texh

You can actually move the camera around and zoom in/out when viewing replays. Took me the longest time to figure out in 3DS version too.

Can result in some pretty swell effects since the developers didn't restrict it too much.

Speaking of reviews, I'm sure KawaseFan would enjoy this one.

KawaseFan

Yeah, that definitely isn't the reviewer playing stage 33!

tylerh1701

Quote from: texh on May 14, 2015, 01:17:24 PM

Speaking of reviews, I'm sure KawaseFan would enjoy this one.

Hehe that's my review. Hope you guys don't judge me too harshly. I just found the game very difficult and hard to recommend to the average gamer. I did enjoy my time with it for the most part, besides the frustrations brought on by the difficulty.

KawaseFan, (assuming you're the same KawaseFan on YouTube which isn't much of a stretch to think) I added a credit below the video just to make sure everyone knows that it's not my video. And thanks for your Youtube videos, they helped me on a lot of other levels. But I need more than a video to make it through Stage 33. For me I'd probably need divine intervention.

Alc

I think it's a fair and even-handed review, it's not a game for everyone. I have two friends with Vitas but I wouldn't recommend the game to either; I know their tastes well enough to know they'd never get their money's worth.

I'll have to have a play with the replay camera... I would never have discovered that on my own.

KawaseFan

Quote from: tylerh1701 on May 14, 2015, 04:11:20 PM
KawaseFan, (assuming you're the same KawaseFan on YouTube which isn't much of a stretch to think) I added a credit below the video just to make sure everyone knows that it's not my video. And thanks for your Youtube videos, they helped me on a lot of other levels. But I need more than a video to make it through Stage 33. For me I'd probably need divine intervention.
Oh, I hope I didn't give the impression that I wasn't too happy about not specifically being credited - I'm not concerned about that sort of thing.  Still, thank you for adding that, I appreciate it - though I'd wouldn't really call myself a pro!

Glad to hear that the videos helped!

CyanideBlizzard

Hehe that's my review. Hope you guys don't judge me too harshly.

I don't think anyone here would even consider doing so.  After all, an opinion is just that.  The more the better, and you brought up some valid critiques!

How has your progress been for Stage 33? 

tylerh1701

Quote from: CyanideBlizzard on May 15, 2015, 10:53:57 PM

Hehe that's my review. Hope you guys don't judge me too harshly.

I don't think anyone here would even consider doing so.  After all, an opinion is just that.  The more the better, and you brought up some valid critiques!

How has your progress been for Stage 33?

Thanks! Unfortunately no real progress on stage 33. I did beat a few other levels recently that I was stuck on so that was nice. And I've spent a bit more time with the original version as well.

KawaseFan

Looking at the official English Twitter account, it's nice to see them happy with 7s and 8s rather than complaining like some might.