• Welcome to KawaseFan.net Forum.

Weird Control Glitch

Started by Gorillanator, July 24, 2019, 02:33:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gorillanator

I noticed when I was playing this game that sometimes I would try to retract the fishing line and it wouldn't do it. Upon further investigation, I discovered that if you hold only down on the d-pad, the line retracts as it's supposed to, but if you have another direction held at the same time, the line will not retract.

Is anyone else finding this annoying? This makes the game at least 10x harder. When you're in a pinch you're going to be hitting multiple directions at once whether you mean to or not. I know that Yumi's Odd Odyssey didn't behave like this, but I haven't played the other games. Are they going to patch this anytime soon?

I thought I would ask you guys about since this is the only message board I know about for this relatively obscure game.

Gorillanator

Actually, I was wrong. Yumi's Odd Odyssey has the same thing. I just didn't notice because the 3DS d-pad is much better than the controller I was using. I was using the Gamecube controller, which I didn't think would be a problem since I've beaten lots of games with it, and I consider myself kind of a master at it. However, the d-pad is just too small for this game to work.

I don't feel comfortable with the button d-pad on the normal Switch controller, and I don't really want to pay $80 for a pro controller. What controllers do you guys recommend?

Tooro

I don't recommend the pro controller because I suffered from the same problem using it.  Rumor around twitter has it that the normal controller is the best (the most bearable) among easily available Switch controllers.  I'm now using a converter connected to a PC gamepad that worked well for playing Steam games.  I feel confortable with them but they are not more inexpensive than a pro controller.

Gorillanator

The advantage with the standard Switch controller is that each direction is its own button; the disadvantage is that it is harder to do diagonals. I've started using the analog stick instead, which feels a bit weird, but now I'm zipping around like Spider-Man.

Why does touching the cows bring instant death?