• Welcome to KawaseFan.net Forum.

Small Hack fixed

Started by texh, May 18, 2019, 04:40:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

texh

There was a bit of accident making the last patch which left the game in a disastrous and nearly unfinishable state. That's why you get playtesters folks. Here's the fixed version

8 new levels, 2 save doors, savesteless friendly difficulty (you have infinite lives)
Have fun!

EDIT
Since F1 suffers from a poor design (spike platform that can seemingly let you live, a few people have assumed they are the correct route) here's a small guide for it. Because Riverback is unable to open the ROM, this is the only fix without reimporting and adjusting all the levels.

Canvas

I flinched when I saw your thread LOL I cant wait until I get home to try this

Canvas

im on the third level, amidst all the corrupted maps then far i was tricked into thinking it was normal. Texh you are a monster I have been stuck on this level for 30 minutes, the end is REALLY messing with me

texh

I made a video since some of the fields, especially F4 can be pretty tough to figure out. Obviously if you want the big d prize you shouldn't watch it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiZnJVMt6ag

I was actually considering unifying the overall look with glitch aesthetics but doing the graphics was enough of a hassle already + fields like F2 were beyond saving from the get-go.

Canvas

of course i want the BIG D prize it was made for me!!

KawaseFan

I'm stuck on field 4 but I don't want to watch the video, I want to figure it out myself.  I feel like I'm missing something obvious.  I think I'll be here for a while...

Canvas

Quote from: KawaseFan on July 09, 2019, 02:12:24 AM
I'm stuck on field 4 but I don't want to watch the video, I want to figure it out myself.  I feel like I'm missing something obvious.  I think I'll be here for a while...
I am too. I just watched the video of his playthrough up until that point so now I am mad because I was trying something completely different for an hour straight LOL at least I finally beat field 3 BACK on the shelf to try again in another few months

KawaseFan

Quote from: Canvas on December 29, 2019, 05:02:59 PM
Quote from: KawaseFan on July 09, 2019, 02:12:24 AM
I am too. I just watched the video of his playthrough up until that point so now I am mad because I was trying something completely different for an hour straight LOL at least I finally beat field 3 BACK on the shelf to try again in another few months

I was never able to figure it out back then.  I just watched that part of the video and, honestly, I'm pretty mad too, haha.  I'll give the field another try some time in the next few days, now that I know what to do.