• Welcome to KawaseFan.net Forum.

News:

Forum user registration is currently disabled.

Main Menu

Concerns

Started by Princess Rescuer, April 09, 2019, 04:30:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Princess Rescuer

When Fresh comes out, I intend to play it and try to like it. There's just a few things that make it look like a game that won't live up to the other ones. First off, the game looks linear and like it lacks choice. How can you have replay value with more specific instructions that you can't deviate from? Another thing is that reading is now required, something that was no issue for previous games. Third, this game will sell better not because it is better but because it's on the Switch and the series has more visibility (and even a physical U.S. release that isn't a years-later limited edition) than before. I also don't think a new version of this game can change that either. We may never see a classic style of Umihara game ever again.

Canvas

I for one dislike the artstyle shift, its not a big deal at all I just simply preferred the surreal looks of the original and Shun

HOWEVER, the belly button is a great addition

Alc

Quote from: Canvas on April 13, 2019, 05:28:35 PMI for one dislike the artstyle shift, its not a big deal at all I just simply preferred the surreal looks of the original and Shun
I'm kind of saddened that the surreal stuff has been toned down a bit. I think generally the art is far more aesthetically cohesive and professional-looking than Sayonara, and the animation is better too, though both are still a touch rough around the edges - it's a budget game and it shows. No big deal for me.

I've so far only played the demo for a couple of hours, but I'm not going to lie, this depleting hunger crap is really driving me up the wall. Every five minutes I need to stop whatever fun thing I'm doing and dive into my inventory for no goddamn reason other than to refill a bar. Does this just become a non-issue through some mechanism in the full game? I'm still looking forwards to playing through it but won't be able to pick it up for another week or two.

KawaseFan

Quote from: Alc on May 16, 2019, 02:31:21 PM
I've so far only played the demo for a couple of hours, but I'm not going to lie, this depleting hunger crap is really driving me up the wall. Every five minutes I need to stop whatever fun thing I'm doing and dive into my inventory for no goddamn reason other than to refill a bar. Does this just become a non-issue through some mechanism in the full game?

Unfortunately not, at least not in my experience, though I hope I missed something.  It seemed like the only real way to try to avoid having to refill the hunger bar was to finish the quest faster.  I totally agree with how you feel about it.

sol-alpha

Quote from: Alc on May 16, 2019, 02:31:21 PM
[I've so far only played the demo for a couple of hours, but I'm not going to lie, this depleting hunger crap is really driving me up the wall. Every five minutes I need to stop whatever fun thing I'm doing and dive into my inventory for no goddamn reason other than to refill a bar. Does this just become a non-issue through some mechanism in the full game? I'm still looking forwards to playing through it but won't be able to pick it up for another week or two.

Quote from: KawaseFan on May 17, 2019, 08:14:38 AM
Unfortunately not, at least not in my experience, though I hope I missed something.  It seemed like the only real way to try to avoid having to refill the hunger bar was to finish the quest faster.  I totally agree with how you feel about it.

Remember that you don't die from hunger. You can deplete your health from hunger and it won't kill you. So the only thing stopping you would be getting hit by an enemy.

Other than that, I don't know of anything in the game that would help you slow down stamina drain. They really need to add in the option to craft multiple items, it's annoying having to repeatedly press A to craft only one thing at a time.

Alc

Yeah I did figure that out, but it's still annoying having the klaxon in the background, and being a 1-hit kill is a bit too perilous for my liking.

I guess the inevitable Steam release will have a mod in short order.