• Welcome to KawaseFan.net Forum.

News:

Forum user registration is currently disabled.

Main Menu

Path to Crab/Full Stage Map

Started by tylerh1701, May 14, 2015, 04:15:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tylerh1701

Hi everyone,

I can't seem to find the correct path to get to the crab boss, can anybody help out with that? Also, is there a full map of the stage selection screen somewhere for the Vita version? I haven't been able to find any online. Thanks.

Alc

0-11-12-16-17-18-19-53-56-20-21
This is the shortest and easiest route to the first crab boss. The full stage map is available when you're playing in a level if you pause the game, too.

tylerh1701

Quote from: Alc on May 14, 2015, 04:31:56 PM
0-11-12-16-17-18-19-53-56-20-21
This is the shortest and easiest route to the first crab boss. The full stage map is available when you're playing in a level if you pause the game, too.

Thank you.

Alc

No problem.

It's kind of pointless given that it's in the game, but anyway, I just put together full stage map with a bit of ASCII:

S----0-┐
        ┌--┐ | |
        4  | 1 |
        |  | | |
    ┌---5  | 2 |
    6   |  | | |
    |   10 └-3 |
┌---7   |      |
8   |   11-----┘
|   13  |
9   |   12---51
|   14  |    |
E   |   16   52
┌---15  |    |
22  |   17   |
|   25  |    26
23  |   18   |
|   50--┼--->27
24--┐   19<┐ |
|   35  |  | 28
55  |   53 | |
|   36  |  └-29
39  |   56   |
|   37<┐|    57
40  |  └20   |
|  ┌38  |    30
41<┘|   21   |
|   47  |    31
58  |   E    |
|   47  ┌----32
44  |   42   |
|   48  |    33
45  |   43   |
|   59  |    34
46  |   54   |
|   49<-┘    E
E   |
    E

tylerh1701

Cool that helps! You can't view the whole map unless you have the levels unlocked in-game, right?

Alc

I guess not.

(Edited a couple of errors on it just a second ago - should be correct now.)

gendo7

You're missing the path from 0-11 in there too! :)

Alc

KawaseFan

Great work with the stage map, Alc!  Just three things - in the first column, F39 should be in between F55 and F40; in the third column, F56 should be in between F53 and F20; and F54 leads to F49, not to an ending.

tylerh1701

OK, figured out why I never found the crab. I am stuck on Stage 53. There are spikes around both sides of the exit, I can't figure out how to get to it. Any tips?

Alc

I did a little replay showing how to do both sides - add me (alcawase on PSN, alc on the game) and you should get access to it, I think.

Thanks for picking up the errors, KawaseFan, hope it's right now!

KawaseFan

This is how I did stage 53, though since I uploaded it I haven't felt incredibly confident that it's the best way to do it.

And Alc, you've put in stage 45 instead of 54 in the stage map - other than that, looks perfect!

Alc

Oh wow, I hadn't thought to trying just jumping the spikes. The ramps in this game still catch me out, with the acceleration physics.

Fixed up the map again!

tylerh1701

Thanks guys! Was able to beat it and beat the crab!

tylerh1701

Quote from: Alc on May 15, 2015, 10:59:07 AM
I did a little replay showing how to do both sides - add me (alcawase on PSN, alc on the game) and you should get access to it, I think.

Thanks for picking up the errors, KawaseFan, hope it's right now!

Added you on PSN Alc, saw that you have 90% trophies on Spelunky. That's one of my absolute favorite games!

Alc

600+ hours and counting on Steam; the Vita purchase was just for the hell of it, really. Suffice to say that I love that game and the obsession runs pretty deep. There are races tonight on Twitch, incidentally - you might enjoy them.

Congrats on clearing the crab route, that takes some doing. I nailed the crab 2 route today and feel pretty satisfied with that, though I do genuinely dislike the crab boss fights. I was happy when KawaseFan pointed out that 54 wasn't an end route of itself - it means I just need to learn to clear 59 and 33 semi-reliably and then those last two routes should be completable, I don't think there are any other "problem" fields en route, though I guess I'll find out.

tylerh1701

Quote from: Alc on May 15, 2015, 06:52:51 PM
600+ hours and counting on Steam; the Vita purchase was just for the hell of it, really. Suffice to say that I love that game and the obsession runs pretty deep. There are races tonight on Twitch, incidentally - you might enjoy them.

Congrats on clearing the crab route, that takes some doing. I nailed the crab 2 route today and feel pretty satisfied with that, though I do genuinely dislike the crab boss fights. I was happy when KawaseFan pointed out that 54 wasn't an end route of itself - it means I just need to learn to clear 59 and 33 semi-reliably and then those last two routes should be completable, I don't think there are any other "problem" fields en route, though I guess I'll find out.

Cool, what is the Twitch account with the Spelunky races? I don't know how many hours I've put in, but got all the Trophies on PS4 and Achievements on the 360 so that definitely took a while.

tylerh1701

Oh I did have another question, hope it's just ok to post here instead of starting a new thread.

There's a trophy for watching the ending of the original Umihara Kawase. How do you unlock that? Do you have to beat all the levels?

I really like the original game too but I wish it had a level select (not just the practice mode) like the newer version.

Alc

http://www.twitch.tv/star_league/

Low Scorer and Speedlunky are tough milestones, huh? The first successful Hell run is a pretty sweet moment, too.

Yeah, to get the trophy I completed the original game, via the crab route if I recall correctly, so no you don't need to beat all the levels. There is a ROM hack of the original game that has level select, if you're up for emulating on PC.

KawaseFan

Quote from: tylerh1701 on May 15, 2015, 08:03:13 PM
I really like the original game too but I wish it had a level select (not just the practice mode) like the newer version.
Just on that practice mode for a second - I'm sure there are many people out there who appreciate the lack of clear/miss count.

Alc - get on the Umihara Steam group!